Let’s make some magic with us!
Are you ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you have big plans, and so do we. Our colleagues around the world are passionate about innovation through science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in healthcare, life sciences, and electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for the rich combination of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we’re always looking for curious minds to join us in imagining the unimaginable.
Working with a hybrid model / 2 days from our office in Wrocław, Poland
As an advisor to a newly formed legal team, you will be responsible for providing end-to-end legal advice on frequently needed issues. Labor and employment law issues We handle a variety of contractual issues for internal stakeholders in Germany and the US, as well as a small but growing legal team. If you are a self-motivated individual who thrives on discipline and process excellence in a constantly changing environment, is willing to learn, and uses intuitive and sound judgment, this position may be for you. I don’t know.
Your responsibilities include advising and supporting human resources departments and human resources managers in Germany and the United States on defined labor and employment law issues.
You too in this position Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and providing advice on various contractsThis includes agreements such as non-disclosure agreements and material transfer agreements, as well as agreements relating to procurement and licensing matters. Review and respond to all contract and proposal requests in a timely manner and escalate concerns appropriately. This includes a process to consider exceptions to contracts for consultants and freelancers in Germany and temporary workers in the US, according to company rules.
In addition, you will participate in pre-contract discussions and contract negotiations, implement appropriate contract changes, and support contract expiration and termination.
Who are you:
- intercultural competence and excellence English and German language skills (written and spoken language)
- European or US law degree combined with advanced knowledge and understanding of German and US labor and employment law (as evidenced through work experience and/or additional relevant education).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, either internally or with law firms representing healthcare, life sciences, or chemical companies, including an understanding of the applicable regulatory environment.
- Additional experience in contract and labor and employment law in the United States or experience with a company/law firm contracting under U.S. law.
- Ability to analyze legal contracts and labor/employment issues to develop and execute strategic responses with a deep understanding of the impact on business interests and company goals.
- Someone who is curious, continuously learns, and has excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Dependable and self-motivated person with the ability to work independently and as a team contributor and self-starter.
- A problem-solving attitude in providing efficient and value-added legal advice.
- Flexibility to accommodate different time zones
Information about how we process your personal data for recruitment purposes can be found in the registration form of the recruitment portal.
What we offer: We have a curiosity that comes from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We value all aspects of diversity and believe that it fosters excellence and innovation and strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunity for everyone to grow and develop at their own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions of people and empowers everyone to unleash their magic and drive human progress.
Apply today and become part of our diverse team!
#German #Speaking #Lawyers #Labor #Law #Employment #Law #Contract #Law #Men #Women #Global #Merck